Continuing our sweet tradition, since 1904.
It was at the beginning of the century, specifically in 1904, when MEZAP – then a small family business – began producing tahini and sesame oil in its facilities in downtown Thessaloniki. The production of halva followed a few years later.
With the conclusion of the First World War, in 1921, the company acquired its current trade name and also began to operate in the wider field of confectionery.
In 1950, MEZAP begins exporting to Europe, the USA and Australia and in 1967 the production facility is relocated to Kalochori, Thessaloniki, housed in a privately owned site where it is still located to this day. This is also the starting point for the company’s long journey in the field of confectionery, with the main activity being the production of processed sesame products such as tahini and halva, for foreign markets.